Staff Accountant - Scottsdale, AZ
Branch ID: 5549
Staffmark is partnered with an awesome real estate company in Scottsdale that is looking for an untraditional Staff Accountant. This person will not only be doing the typical Staff Accountant duties, but this client is also looking for someone that is also comfortable talking to the clients and meeting them to go over numbers. Take a look at the below job description and let me know if it piques your interest!
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our North Scottsdale corporate office location. The Client Accounting Services Department primarily prepares monthly financial statements for the 300+ Community Associations that we manage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
• Preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned portfolio;
• Reconciliation of bank accounts;
• Monitor bank account balances;
• Review monthly budget comparison and explain variances;
• Preparation of all supporting schedules for all accrued items;
• Recordation of audit adjusting entries;
• Research A/P and A/R discrepancies.
• Work independently;
• Assist other accountants with appropriate problem resolutions;
• Meet and communicate effectively with clients.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
• Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
• Conduct business always with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
• Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
• May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
• Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
• Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• 4 year Accounting Degree required
• Minimum 2 years financial statement preparation experience
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Strong knowledge of both Cash and Accrual accounting
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• HOA or property management experience a PLUS!
• Must be detail-oriented and motivated
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Must have a strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills
Senior Recruiter - Professional Services Division
Phone 480.477.3261 • Mobile 310.889.8293 • Fax 480.449.2408
Ã¢â¬Â¢ 4 year Accounting Degree required Ã¢â¬Â¢ Minimum 2 years financial statement preparation experience
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Scottsdale, AZ
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 6/24/2019