Staff Accountant - Denver, CO
Branch ID: 5550
Pay Rate/Salary: $25.00 - $38.00
My client is a midstream oil and gas company, seeking a Staff Accountant for a contract to hire position. Duties are as follows:
Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of natural gas transactions; including transportation, storage, trading and commodity derivatives associated with physical transactions. Assist in reporting to Management the business results with analysis and explanation of all significant variances from plan. Take the lead in solving problems.
• Assist in the monthly accounting and closing cycle, including ensuring all current month transactions are accurately recorded, account analysis and reconciliation procedures
• Ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies
• Ensure all balance sheet items are valid and supportable
• Accrue transactions on an estimate basis and true up upon receipts of actual data as needed
• Process sale and purchase transactions of natural gas for assigned assets accurately and timely
• Pay commodity and transportation invoices accurately and timely
Requires a bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a similar degree field, OR equivalent experience and training. CPA or similar professional designation is highly desired 2 or more years related accounting experience as a degreed professional or equivalent related accounting experience and training as a non-degreed professional.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Denver, CO
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 6/19/2019