Shipping Dock Material Handler - Spring Hill, TN
Branch ID: 5574
Pay Rate/Salary: $13.00 - $13.00
The Shipping Dock Coordinator oversees outbound shipments and processes orders, data entry, filing, etc. while maintaining employee safety and quality of product.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide required training and direction to Material Handlers;
- Verify packing lists, BOL's and paperwork for outbound orders;
- Load and unload carriers; operate forklifts and follow strict safety guidelines;
- Work with shipping coordinator ensuring picked shipments are staged and accurate
- Make packaging inventory labels;
- Schedule freight carrier pick-ups;
- Process UPS, FedEx, or DHL small package/letter shipments;
- Prepare International shipments, including all necessary documents;
- File/Scan shipping documents;
- Answer phones as needed;
- Perform various data entry tasks; update necessary spreadsheets;
- Follow cGMP guidelines and processes as established in department SOP's;
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
Requirements and Skills High school diploma; some college preferred; 2+ years experience in a clerical role; warehouse environment preferred;Intermediate mathematical, communication, and problem-solving skills; Working knowledge of Microsoft office and general computer concepts; FBSS or other Inventory Systems experience preferred; Experience operating a forklift; loading and unloading trucks; Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Work Conditions and Physical Requirements Ability to sit or stand for an extended periods of time; Ability to view a computer screen and type for extended hours; Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.; Ability to climb ladders; Ability to work around a variation of different smells and aromas; Other physical requirements include occasional squatting, bending, twisting and bi-lateral hand and wrist movement; Ability to work above shoulders; Ability to adjust work schedule as business needs require.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Spring Hill, TN
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Shipping Dock Material Handler
City, State or Zip Code: Spring Hill, TN
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 6/20/2019