Warehouse Clerk - Columbus, MS
Branch ID: 5054
Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products. Process equipment received into accounting system, select sales orders and update service orders for billing purposes.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as using computers to enter, access or retrieve data; maintain records, reports and files; and operate office machines.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct/escort them to specific destinations.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as parts requests and sales purchase orders, manifests, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Record shipment data for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Process documents such as service orders, parts requests, picking tickets and sales purchase orders.
- Apply online Internet research techniques for tracking product to determine estimated time of arrival (eta).
- Confer with other inter-company departments and other office personnel.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand trucks or sorting bins.
- Deliver product via Logista provide fleet to customers or other Logista facilities.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping and/or storage.
- Measure, weigh or count products or materials.
- Load, unload and stack materials up to 50 lbs.
- Communicate with property manager concerning building issues.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Other duties assigned by management
Commercial License Preferred but can obtain once hired
Reading Comprehension Written Comprehension Problem Sensitivity Time Management Writing Mathematics Attention to Detail Ã¢â¬â Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks. Integrity Ã¢â¬â Job requires being honest and ethical. Cooperation Ã¢â¬â Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude. Dependability Ã¢â¬â Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Stress Tolerance Ã¢â¬â Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Concern for Others Ã¢â¬â Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job. Initiative Ã¢â¬â Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges. Self Control Ã¢â¬â Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations. Adaptability/Flexibility Ã¢â¬â Job requires being open to change (positive or negative). Experience and Education Education High School Diploma or GED Degree or Training Commercial License Preferred but can obtain once hired
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard toward race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, status in regard to public assistance, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or membership in other legally protected classes. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Columbus, MS
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 7/17/2019