Machine Operator - Cincinnati, OH
Branch ID: 104
Pay Rate/Salary: $12.00 - $12.00
Set up, operate, or tend machines to roll steel forming bends, beads, knurls, rolls, or plate or to flatten, temper, or reduce gauge of material. This is a Temp to hire opportunity with a great company.
- Monitor machine cycles to detect jamming and to ensure that products conform to specifications.
- Adjust and correct machine set-ups to reduce thicknesses, reshape products, and eliminate product defects.
- Start operation of rolling machines to flatten, temper, form, and reduce sheet metal sections and to produce formed products.
- Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Read rolling orders, blueprints, and mill schedules to determine setup specifications, work sequences, product dimensions, and installation procedures.
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
- Set distance points between rolls, guides, meters, and stops, according to specifications.
- Calculate draft space and roll speed for each mill stand to plan rolling sequences and specified dimensions and tempers.
- Install equipment such as guides, guards, gears, cooling equipment, and rolls, using hand tools.
- Position, align, and secure arbors, spindles, coils, mandrels, dies, and slitting knives.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner. Adhere to all safety policies and rules.
- Other duties as assigned by department supervisor and plant manager.
Monday-Friday and some overtime on Saturday's depending on company needs
Hours: 6am-4:30pm Overtime 6an-12pm
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to:
Or give us a call at the Staffmark office! 513-881-7100
Requirements: Ã¢â¬Â¢ Two years of machine operator experience Ã¢â¬Â¢ Attention to detail Ã¢â¬Â¢ Must be reliable Ã¢â¬Â¢ Basic math skills Ã¢â¬Â¢ Heavy lifting
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard toward race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, status in regard to public assistance, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or membership in other legally protected classes. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/30/2019