Mechanical Engineer - Memphis, TN
Branch ID: 2278
We are working with a client in Germantown and they are looking for a temporary to possible hire Mechanical Engineer I to fill an immediate need. The Mechanical Engineer I is responsible for the design of mechanical or electrical components from conceptualization of the established design to workable designs utilizing computer-assisted engineering and design software. This position interfaces with Field Engineering, R&E, Product Support Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Procurement, Coder/Router Administrators and production departments.
essential job functions
- Design (mechanical or electrical) components of
- Read sales documents and specifications to fully understand the systems required for the components being used.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software/equipment to perform assignments.
- Generate designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings.
- Update designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings.
- Assess, plan and produce documentation for Modernization, New Sales Hydraulic and traction elevators.
- Work under close supervision for coaching, training and skill development.
- Effectively communicate and share information and ideas individually.
- Participate in meetings.
- Effectively function as a member of the team
- Identify problems and provide suggestions for possible solutions.
- Meets metrics for safety, quality, delivery and cost as a general function of the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Zero to five years related experience or knowledge within the field of mechanical engineering required. (Internship experience will be considered) General understanding of mechanical or electrical concepts required. Possess the ability to closely follow instructions and pre-established procedures/SOP to perform the functions of the job required. General knowledge and experience using computer-assisted design software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Blue Beam/Adobe Writer preferred. Possess the ability to gain a good understanding of available product line options whether CAD supported or not. Possess strong customer service skills. Possess the ability to work well within a team environment while demonstrating the ability to make decisions. Possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering Technology required.
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard toward race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, status in regard to public assistance, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or membership in other legally protected classes. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Memphis, TN
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/07/2019