General Warehouse - Mcdonough, GA
Branch ID: 5081
Pay Rate/Salary: $10.75 - $10.75
Position Summary and Essential Job Functions:
Primary duties will include general cleaning and sanitation of facility as well as bailing of plastic and cardboard.
Responsibilities may include:
- Cleaning in all areas of warehouse
- Packaging and material handling
- Lifting up to 50 pounds (repetitive)
- Sweeping, dusting, mopping
- Stack product in cardboard trays as specified by customer
- Operate manual pallet jack to move finished product on pallets
- Utilize manual pallet jack to move pallet of product in warehouse
- Collection of trash and cardboard throughout warehouse
- Transport waste to appropriate bins (dumpsters / bailing stations)
- Sweep and mop the sanitation lines, offices, and restrooms throughout warehouse.
- Hand feed plastic and cardboard into automated bailing machine.
- Duties, responsibilities and work schedules are subject to change, based on business needs.
- Work independently.
- Self motivating.
- Quality and safety conscious.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Aware of surrounding environment and co-workers.
- Ability to fit work requirements into facility schedules.
- Accountable for performing work to specifications as trained.
- Flexibility to adjust workflow daily and still maintain overall work requirements.
- Accountable for meeting sanitation standards for the facility.
Skills, Ability or Experience Required:
- Operation of manual Pallet Jack for transportation purposes and to move waste and sanitation supplies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read, comprehend and communicate in English.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Organizational skills.
- Previous warehouse / sanitation experience preferred.
- Jeans, sweatpants or shorts (must be knee-length).
- Shirts with sleeves (no profanity or references to drugs or alcohol)
- No loose jewelery or personal effects while working with the products.
- Safety glasses are required at all times.
- Additional PPE as required per job function.
Aspects of the Position:
- Department specific training.
- Training and certification on all job specific functions.
- Moderately paced work environment.
- Flexibility to change daily job functions as required by the facility.
- Warehouse is not climate controlled, must dress accordingly.
- Fast paced environment includes high forklift traffic.
- Work stations may be located over 1/2 a mile from warehouse entrance.
Physical Requirements: Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to sit or stand for 8 -10 hours. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to lift and / or carry up to 50 pounds. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Assemble small parts by hand. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to work in cold or hot temperatures. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to walk long distances (up to 1 mile) Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to wear proper safety equipment, including gloves, safety glasses, goggles, etc. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to hear soft and loud noises, such as honking, and respond accordingly. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to use upper body strength in order to push or pull objects. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Communicate by speaking accurately, loudly or quickly to others. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to bend, twist, turn and reach. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to see objects closely and from a distance. Ã¯Â¿Â½ Ability to be aware of changing work environment and operate equipment in a safe manner.
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Mcdonough, GA
Position Type: Temporary Position
Date Posted: 8/08/2018