Weigh Up Technician - Benicia, CA
Branch ID: 3203
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Pay Rate/Salary: $15.00 - $15.00
- Setup, stage, and weigh up micro quantities of raw material products (lot controlled) in a manufacturing environment according to batch records within current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Manually fill (formulating) drums/containers with ingredients, using and calibrating scales.
- Read and interpret formulas (mixing instructions), record data (manually and electronically) for each batch such as the ingredients used and cycle time (mixing time).
- Follows cGMP and HAACP guidelines to ensure food safety and that product meets formula specifications.
- Follow/understand SOPs and activities related to the weigh up process (includes Good Documentation Practices).
- Will be required to wear PPE which may include respirator or face shield.
- Clean, vacuum, wash, and sanitize equipment using water hoses, cleaning or sanitizing solutions, or rinses.
- Clean and prepare utensils, drums, and equipment as required between production runs.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be have a basic understanding of food manufacturing processes and equipment, and a general knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices. This is a swing shift position. Experience in sanitization of manufacturing equipment preferred. Knowledge of lockout/tag out processes/procedures a plus. Experience with ERP or WMS systems a plus. Experience using an RF scanner/iPad device a plus. Fork lift certification a plus. Good reading and math skills: able to read ingredient list, lot expiration dates, identify and weigh exact portion amounts (for pre-weighs). Must be adept with the use of hand tools such as scoops, utility knives, pallet jacks, and other equipment/devices that may be used during clean-up/sanitization operations. Respond well to direction from leads or supervisors. Must be self motivated and willing to learn new and changing responsibilities. Have the ability to contribute to department success in a team environment and perform tasks at a productive level under demanding conditions. Knowledge of cleaning/sanitization processes and practices. Must have good organizational and communication skills.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Weigh Up Technician
City, State or Zip Code: Benicia, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/07/2018