Material Handling - Benicia, CA
Branch ID: 3203
Contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Rate/Salary: $14.00 - $14.00
- Ability to safely operate all required equipment and use packaging equipment, UPS and/or computer systems as required.
- Uses judgment for moving materials/equipment requiring relocation and storage, proper packaging, and loading of materials.
- Pick up finished pallets and properly wrap on pallet wrapping machine to insure pallet integrity during transfer and shipment.
- Use handheld scanner/device to track all inventory movement in an accurate and timely fashion.
- May support and/or help execute special projects related to continuous process improvements strategies/initiatives.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and requires an ability to recognize and report deviations from procedure or best practices.
- Supports inventory control and other departments by performing cycle counts to help maintain accurate inventories (real-time reporting).
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet/paperwork.
- Loads materials safely and conscientiously into trailers in a manner that prevents shifting or damage during transit.
- Must be able to work efficiently and safely in a fast paced production environment while supporting team members from other areas/departments.
- Perform other duties and participate in cross-training programs as needed.
Familiarity with food manufacturing processes and equipment, general knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPÃ¯Â¿Â½s) a plus. Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Prior manufacturing and forklift experience. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Previous experience with WMS and ERP preferred. Experience using RF scanners preferred. This is a swing shift.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Benicia, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/19/2018