Shipping Clerk - Fremont, CA
Branch ID: 2200
Pay Rate/Salary: $18.00 - $18.00
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SHIPPING CLERK
The warehouse associate is responsible for facilitating the movement for incoming and outgoing goods. The incumbent will ensure that material is recorded correctly and merchandise is properly packaged for shipping to customers. Essential Functions: Examines contents and compare with records (i.e., manifests, invoices and /or orders) to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipment
- Prepares documents (work orders, bill of lading) for the shipping of materials.
- Uses knowledge of shipping procedures to determine best shipping method for material
- Records all shipment data (weight, charges, space availability, etc.)
- Works closely with team members to resolve issues with materials, I.E. damages, shortages, non-conformance to specifications, etc.
- Packs, seals, and labels material for shipping, by using devices such as hand tools
- Familiar shipping with UPS Wordship/parcel and Fed Ex Express/Ground Boxes is a plus
Please feel free to contact (833) 818-0910 or email at: Adminsupportcenterwest@staffmark.com
High School Diploma or GED One to three years of related experience Ability to lift up to 75lbs. Strong verbal and written skills Able to work in a team environment and fulfilling objectives with minimum direct supervision Working Conditions: Exposure to noise, cold, dust and heat.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Fremont, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 5/10/2018