Transportation Supervisor - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00
Excellent opportunity with a growing service industry company in the South Bay. Stable and fast-growing company with lots of opportunity to grow and develop skills, learn new technology. Excellent benefits and competitive salary. MUST BE FLEXIBLE ON SHIFTS, 24/7 FACILITY.
- Ensure on-time and accurate production and/or catering of all flights.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with HACCP and ramp safety SOP.
- Manage allocated labor to maximize productivity.
- Foster employee participation in improving work processes via proactive communications and employee engagement
- Assists in coordinating services between the kitchen and drivers, also controls activities on dock.
- Assists in getting control sheet and making assignments for team drivers and assignments to flights.
- Checks dock area to ensure that employees have all required equipment and that trucks leave according to schedule dock departure.
- Assists in planning and forecasts manpower.
- Checks that all teams are catering correct aircraft and flights.
- Ensures that all employees are in compliance with safety procedures.
- Assists teams with late flights and equipment changes • Responsible for getting information from other airlines for service.
- Maintains radio contact with superintendent, meal planer and leads during operation.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements High School graduate or equivalent and some college preferred Work Experience: Must have 2-5 years of supervisory/management experience, including scheduling In-flight catering experience is highly desired, or experience in a high-volume food service industry Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and successfully manage a staff of 20-30 Ability to juggle multiple tasks without losing priority Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus, but not required Candidate should be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change Valid driverÃ¯Â¿Â½s license with clean driving record Ability to pass TSA & FBI background screening Bilingual in English & Spanish preferred. Preferred Skills Basic computer skills Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills Must be innovative in making changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 6/13/2018