Construction Project Superintendent - Healthcare - Austin, TX
Branch ID: 5549
Staffmark is currently working with a leading construction firmt that is seeeking an experience Project Superintendent with a background in Healthcare development in the Austin area. This position would be responsible for schedules, coordinates and supervises all field employees and subcontractor work forces on the assigned project. This includes compliance with the contract terms for quality, schedule and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
2. Confer with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
3. Assign and monitor members of project team to various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
4. Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
5. Establish project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts and outcomes in the field. Discuss and document during subcontractor weekly meetings. .
6. Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
7. Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
8. Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
9. Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
10. Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
11. Supervise, mentor and perform regular performance evaluations for all employees assigned to this position.
12. Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment as outlined in the intranet Safety Manual.
13. Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program as outlined in the intranet Quality Assurance Manual, including roofing daily reports and inspections.
Knowledge of all elements of commercial construction and understanding of skilled trades.
This position requires supervisory experience- 5 years with a related degree or 10 years experience without a degree. The attainment of a four year college degree in Construction Management or related field is desirable but not required.
Knowledge of all elements of commercial construction and understanding of skilled trades. This position requires supervisory experience- 5 years with a related degree or 10 years experience without a degree. The attainment of a four year college degree in Construction Management or related field is desirable but not required.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Construction Project Superintendent - Healthcare
City, State or Zip Code: Austin, TX
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 5/08/2018