Purchasing Specialist - Harrisonburg, VA
Branch ID: 2310
Pay Rate/Salary: $35,000.00 - $37,500.00
Help in maintaining our inventory levels and negotiate deals with potential vendors. Will be responsible for conducting regular price comparisons to ensure that the company is always getting the best price for each product purchased. Coordinates activities involved in procuring good and services needed for our organization by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creates purchase orders from requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Data entry and filing paperwork.
- Obtains price quotes from multiple vendors.
- Runs reports to help determine needs.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers and confirms pricing, delivery date, and quantity ordered.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Maintains strong working relationships with our vendors.
- Reviews inventories and re-orders as required.
- Manages any procurement activities including RFQ (Request for Quotes)
Computer skills (Excel experience preferred) Must be able to work well with others Good math skills Be detail oriented Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Harrisonburg, VA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 5/06/2018