Programmer Analyst - Cincinnati, OH
Branch ID: 9998
Applies standard programming procedures and knowledge of pertinent functional areas. Analyzes needs, designs, writes and tests new programs and applications. Programs developed or modified are typically linked to several other programs; (i.e., the output of one becomes the input for another). Maintains and revises existing systems and provides technical assistance to end users as well as to others in IT. Works according to approved requirements and detailed specifications. Applies judgment in devising program logic and selecting and adapting standard programming procedures; obtains advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
1. Develops, modifies and maintains assigned programs. Monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
2. Reviews user requirements and needs for new software and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation and training related to new software developed and/or acquired.
3. Develops databases, programs and procedures necessary to integrate and/or implement the system. Tests system fully to determine its operational reliability.
4. Documents system for user department(s) and IT conforming to institutional standards.
5. Assists user and operating areas in implementing and supporting systems including system installation, training and troubleshooting.
6. Carries out fact finding and program analysis of problems; applies established procedures to bring resolution.
7. Analyzes and plans systems based on consultations with business owners and/or IT staff. Documents system plan and establishes an implementation schedule.
8. Assists in selecting hardware and software to be used by staff. Maintains contact with vendors to assist support activities.
9. Provides technical advice and support to users. This includes creating ad-hoc reports, data analysis and correction, training and problem solving.
10. Monitors researches as necessary and promptly responds to inquiries received via the Service Desk ticketing system.
11. Assists in selecting hardware and software to be used by staff. Maintains contact with vendors to assist support activities.
12. May work on more complex programs under the direction of higher level staff or direct supervisor.
13. Functions as a liaison between business users and IT.
14. Provide suggestions and alternative solutions to ongoing support issues.
15. Responsible for adhering to all company JSOX related compliance processes and procedures, and HIPPA Guidelines.
16. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
1. Understand and support the Vision and Values of Staffmark
2. Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) from an accredited College or University; and/or four to six years' experience in developing and support software applications.
3. Experience in at least three of the following programming languages: ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#.NET or Java.
5. Experience with the following protocols: LAN, WAN , VPN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL
6. Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio.
7. Use of Microsoft SQL Management Studio and Visual Studio required.
8. Strong computer skills, and advanced knowledge of Internet Browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.) functionality.
9. Advanced understanding of computer operating systems including Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
10. Excellent communication skills both oral and written a must.
11. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and customers.
12. Excellent overall analytical skills.
13. Display a sense of urgency.
14. Thrives in a challenging yet rewarding work environment.
15. Ability to perform set on instructions properly the first time.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: 1. The ability to work full-time with periodic evening and weekend work. 2. The ability to frequently use a computer, telephone, and copier/scanner/fax machine. 3. The ability to spend a majority of each work day sitting indoors. 4. The ability to, on occasion, stand, walk, bend, and travel for business. 5. The ability to lift up to 25 pounds. 6. The ability to work effectively from the office or remotely. 7.Work location flexible. 8.The ability to travel to home office in Cincinnati may be required from time to time.
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Professional Position
Date Posted: 8/03/2018