Electrical Estimator - Columbus, OH
Branch ID: 593
Staffmark is working with a well known Commercial Construction compnay in the Ohio area looking for an Estimator for either Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, or Cincinnati.
Position Description: Prepare detailed estimates for the project based on the design documents, narratives, and specifications, focusing on the Electrical/Technology/LV System trades.
Reports to: Preconstruction Manager / MEP Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
Specifically relating to the electrical systems:
- Responsible for the communication of estimate and scopes of work to the staff, architects, engineers, and owners.
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all Electrical/Technology/LV System items incorporated in the assigned scope – from conceptual design through completed construction documents. Preliminary design work may be required to complete conceptual estimates.
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine required scope that is not already indicated.
- May supervise Assistant MEP Estimators, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns.
- Develop working relationships with local material suppliers and equipment vendors in order to solicit accurate and current pricing of lighting, distribution equipment, low voltage systems, and miscellaneous material pricing.
- Develop working relationships with local Electrical/Technology/LV System sub-contractors in order to build and maintain a robust list of qualified bidders for all projects.
- Perform constructability analysis of project documents. Communicate design and constructability issues to the project team in accordance with the project contract.
- Provide first costs analysis and participate in life cycle analysis with the design team.
- Work together with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate including, but not limited to, items such as temporary heating/cooling, electrical, power and lighting, including estimating of electrical and natural gas consumption during construction.
- Coordinate equipment pricing with Logistics for Electrical/Technology/LV System estimates.
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed Electrical/Technology/LV System, materials and equipment that are more cost efficient.
- Act as liaison with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, other staff, and owner's representatives to resolve Electrical/Technology/LV System issues related to the project preconstruction efforts.
- Prepare and assemble estimates and proposals for different contract types (lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Participate in estimate reviews with the design team and client.
- Participate in project hand-off to Operations to ensure proper transfer of knowledge from Preconstruction to Operations.
- Prepare scope requisitions for the bidding/procurement of Electrical/Technology/LV Systems; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Lead the evaluation of subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determine scope coverage and manage risk of scope gaps.
- Assist project staff in evaluating large change orders.
- Gather and analyze Electrical/Technology/LV System bid data for all projects using Turner system breakdown sheets. Maintain historical cost database of the data.
BachelorÃ¢â¬â¢s Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of five years related Electrical/Technology/LV System estimating experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Columbus, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 6/12/2018