Maintenance Supervisor - PLC - Chatsworth, CA
Branch ID: 3277
Maintenance / Facilities Supervisor Account Manager Notes
This has been a client of theirs for 4 years. It started off with hard to fill orders like CNC Machinists, but they moved to develop a relationship and became their only provider. Now they have 25 employees working at the company, and they're the sole agency. The company makes swimming pool products and filters for pools. It's manufacturing/production; they are a privately owned company.
The position they're looking to fill is a Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor. It's really to supervise the team of 4 Maintenance Mechanics on the side of production. They have injection machines, folding machines that folds materials, etc. They want someone with supervisory experience (5 years+) as a maintenance mechanic supervisor in the production field. They're looking for assembly line/manufacturing machine production background.
The person we're replacing is looking to retire. He will stay on to train this new person, so there will be a transitional period where this person will be trained. They are very motivated to fill the position.
Someone with bilingual/Spanish skills is a plus, but not necessary.
The client is open to having a phone interview to feel out candidates before we get too deep into the process. If we're unsure, he'll do a call.
Pleatco is a main competitor
This is more of a management position and very crucial to the operation. They do everything in-house: manufacturing, packaging, shipping, etc.
Meissner, Unicell filters
Maintenance / Facilities Supervisor Job Description
This person would be supporting a leading manufacturer of Pool and Spa filters in the United States. The company has been family owned and operated for more than 50 years in Southern California. They have a team of over 80 employees with an average tenure of over 15 years. The company provides its employees with excellent benefits, Medical, Dental, Optical, as well as a Profit Sharing Program for eligible employees.
Minimum of 2 years' experience in supervisor capacity in the Maintenance or Manufacturing Field. Must be able to work overtime as required and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. OSHA certification a plus. Strong electrical trouble shooting skills required. We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual. California Driver License is required. HS Diploma Required and A Formal Degree or Certificate in Facility Management or other related discipline highly preferred.
- The Supervisor for this department is responsible for defining, maintaining, scheduling and distributing maintenance and fabrication workflow.
- Basic PLC experience is required (such as the ability to go in and make small changes or install a new PLC and download the existing programs); PLC Programming experience is a huge plus
Monitor and maintain adequate inventories to provide sufficient supplies, parts and tools for maintenance and fabrication usage.
- Perform machine diagnostics and repairs to electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Provides overall maintenance support to ensure that all plant equipment is kept in excellent condition to meet manufacturing goals.
- Provide assignments to facilities maintenance personnel, building systems and general housekeeping.
- Responsible for maintaining preventive maintenance program.
- Ensures all maintenance personnel are safety compliant in all aspects of duties and trained annually as required by OSHA/Cal OSHA.
- Coordinate repairs/maintenance/new installations with the Production manager.
- Inspect work in progress and upon completion to ensure that work is performed according to instructions and standard trade practices and that those standards are being maintained.
- Interview, hire and dismiss personnel as required.
- Must have basic PC knowledge for e-mail, internet, word & excel documents.
- Schedule overtime with department personnel needed.
- This person should also have a thorough understanding of machining techniques and principals and general understanding of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic theory and principals as well as be able to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Bilingual is helpful, Basic Welding, CNC/Conventional Machining experience is a plus.
- Evaluates skills and or provide training of welder, electricians and maintenance mechanics on an on-going basis and prepares annual employee performance appraisals.
Job Type: Full-time
PLC experience required
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Maintenance Supervisor - PLC
City, State or Zip Code: Chatsworth, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 6/29/2018