Machine Operator - Winsted, CT
Branch ID: 5033
Pay Rate/Salary: $25.00 - $26.00
Machine Operator - Direct Hire
Immediate Opening - Amazing Career Opportunity
3rd Shift - 10pm to 6:30am (Lots Of Overtime Will Be Available)
$25 To $26 Per Hour Based On Experience
Set-up and operate conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and matching centers to fabricate metallic parts.
Responsibilities Will Consist Of:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jog borers, grinders and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verified conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trail run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machine replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operations of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Develops specifications from geneal description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problem.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to Sara Stevenson-Cruz, email@example.com.
- Minimum of (3) years of experience working as a Machinist. - Experience setting up and operating CNC Machines is a MUST.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Winsted, CT
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/25/2018