Unloading-Warehouse Associate - Cranbury, NJ
Branch ID: 5450
Pay Rate/Salary: $13.00 - $24.70
Position Summary and Essential Job Functions:
Primary duties will include loading, unloading, sorting, and staging products in the Distribution Center. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively with other associates and productively with little supervision. Following safety policies and procedures is required.
Responsibilities will also include:
· Follows safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
· Works cooperatively and productively with customer and other associates in order to complete tasks.
· Arranges cartons in pallets keeping in mind size, weight, height, etc.
· Unloads trucks keeping in mind weight, size and characteristics (i.e., easily crushable, etc.).
· Works productively (i.e., receiving products, etc.) with little supervision.
· Provides and inspires outstanding service to customer and other associates by maintaining attention to detail and completing assigned work in a timely manner.
· Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
· Duties, responsibilities and work schedules are subject to change, based on business needs.
2nd Shift: 03:30pm to 12:00am Monday to Friday but Work schedule varies daily and is dependant upon the customers business needs. You must remain flexible being able to leave early or stay late on short notice.
· Initiative: Ability to think and take constructive action at work without being urged; skill and ability in taking the lead in forwarding new ideas or work methods.
· Safety Orientation: Demonstrates awareness of safety policies and procedures; includes ability to identify and report safety hazards, and the ability to encourage others to work safely.
· Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures; or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or work demands.
· Teamwork: Ability to work well with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal.
· Problem Solving: Using a systematic and effective approach in analyzing information in order to come up with good business solutions to problems.
· Knowing the Business: Maintain a high level of knowledge of Distributions Center operations, store products, etc.
· Respect for all People: Respects people of all backgrounds and treats everyone fairly by maintaining a consistent set of standards.
· Accountable for performing work to specifications as trained
· Accountable for meeting department output standards
· Shoes must be closed toe and closed heel
· Working boots, tennis shoes, flat sturdy, quality leather with a non-skid sole
· Clean shirts; must have sleeves, tank tops and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
· Jeans or long pants in neat, clean condition
· Shorts provided they are in season and less than 3 inches above the knee
· No clothing with advertising, offensive images or profanity
· No shirts that have bare torsos or low cut
· No visible pierced body jewelry
· No leggings/Spandex or jogging pants
Aspects of the Position:
· Fast paced work environment
· Detail Oriented
Production employees participating in the Output Solutions program at The Home Depot Cranbury NJ Unloading Department will have an opportunity to earn a substantial amount of incentive pay. The plan will be paid out weekly based upon the efficiency threshold met for each individual each week and the requirements outlined below. Once this threshold is met, each Unloader will be eligible for the additional incentive pay provided they meet the eligibility requirements defined below. Overtime will be paid at 1.5 times the employee's average hourly wage for the week. While the base wage for Unloading will be $13.00hr the expectation is that Unloaders will achieve incentive pay at a targeted efficiency of between 105% and 200% thus earning between $13/hr and $24.70/hr.
Skills, Ability or Experience Required: Ã¢â¬Â¢ 18 years or older Ã¢â¬Â¢ Pass 6-Panel Drug Test Ã¢â¬Â¢ Pass Light Industrial Evaluation Ã¢â¬Â¢ Be able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays Ã¢â¬Â¢ Successfully complete any required training or orientation programs Physical Requirements: Ã¢â¬Â¢ Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, & moving items. Requires the ability to lift and move items when necessary. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Identify and read warehouse tickets, SKUs, and UPC labels. Must be able to sort items and identify them using this system.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Cranbury, NJ
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 7/30/2018