New Product Development Manager - Scottsdale, AZ
Branch ID: 5549
Staffmark is currently partnered with an excellent company that is seeking a New Product Development Manager to join their group. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
The NPD Manager will lead the product development team to create new products (dietary supplements, nutritional foods, skin care, etc.) for both the U.S. and international markets. This position will work closely with the Innovation, Research, and Marketing teams to create new product concepts and develop them into world class finished products with benefits and claims that are substantiated by scientific research. The NPD Manager is directly responsible for the feasibility stage of new product development and will also assist with the scoping and commercialization phases.
• Manage a team of product development scientists with multiple new product development projects with varying product launch timelines for both domestic and international markets.
• Create best-in-class new dietary supplements, nutritional foods, and skin care products.
• Work closely with Innovation, Research, and Marketing teams to generate innovative product concepts with strong positioning advantages vs. competitors for global markets.
• Continue to increase the technical and professional skillsets of the product development team while serving as a mentor, teacher, and coach.
• Assist in initiating partnership opportunities (ingredient suppliers, CRO's, comans, and others) to create ownable new product concepts.
• Develop new intellectual property by seeking exclusivity via supply agreements, patents, trademarks and/ or conducting original scientific research.
• Direct the develop of proper new product documentation including ingredient specifications, finished product specifications, and finish product testing criteria.
• Responsible for pre-commercialization stability testing and developing stability testing protocols for commercialized products.
• Create nutrition and dietary supplement facts panels for U.S., Canada, Australia and other international markets.
• Assist the Commercialization team with technical issues that arise during the scale-up of new or renovated products.
• Support cost-savings initiatives by working closely with Procurement to identify and test new ingredient alternatives.
• Keep up to date with new industry trends and emerging science by participating in industry and scientific conferences, maintaining relationships with key innovative suppliers, reading technical publications, and reviewing the latest new research publications.
B.Sc. in food science, nutrition, or related field. MasterÃ¢â¬â¢s preferred. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Minimum of 6 years product development experience in the dietary supplement and functional food industry. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Minimum of 2 years managing direct reports Must be a dynamic manager who leads by example to inspire, empower, and motivate, while prioritizing the development of direct reports technically, professionally and personally. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, solid business acumen, strong computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ã¢â¬Â¢ Able to travel as needed (estimated 10 Ã¢â¬â 20%).
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
New Product Development Manager
City, State or Zip Code: Scottsdale, AZ
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 7/30/2018