Tool and Die Machinist - Putnam, CT
Branch ID: 5246
Pay Rate/Salary: $23.00 - $25.00
Learning Opportunity! This position will work alongside and be trained by the Senior Tool Maker. Ideal candidates will demonstrate both the machinist/tool room skills and a learning mindset.
Hours: 7:00am to 3:00pm
Compensation: Hourly (non-exempt) mid-20's/hour
Benefits: ConnectiCare Medical Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401K with employer match.
This position is responsible for working in the tool room to inspect, maintain and repair tools and dies used in the injection molding manufacturing process.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, models and descriptions to disassemble, inspect, perform machine tool work required and re-assemble tools and dies.
- Setup and operate conventional machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, grinder, Wire EDM and Bridgeport to cut, bore, grind and shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Functions as a team member within the department as well as cross-functionally as required, contributing input into tooling, root cause analysis and troubleshooting as necessary.
3-5 year's of experience as a skilled machinist AND a desire to learn from a Senior Tool Maker.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Tool and Die Machinist
City, State or Zip Code: Putnam, CT
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 7/31/2018