Internal Audit Manager - Tempe, AZ
Branch ID: 5549
We are working with an awesome high tech bank that is looking for someone that has Internal Auditing experience. If you come from one of the Big 4 or other larger groups and you're looking for an opportunity with a company that has growth, please inquire. You can reach me directly at 480-477-3261 or email@example.com. Thanks!
The Internal Audit function provides the Bank with objective and independent assurance services. We work to support the Bank in its mission and help it achieve its objectives through proactive risk management. We have an exciting opportunity in our Audit group for an Audit Manager focused on operational and regulatory compliance audits. The Internal Audit Manager is a critical part of the team as they are responsible not only for managing the various audits, but they also play a critical role in the management of the department, development of our audit program, and execution of the audit plan.
The Audit Manager should demonstrate an advanced understanding of operational and regulatory risk for a financial institution. This individual will be responsible to lead and manage moderate to complex operational and regulatory audits including performing risk assessments, developing audit scope and audit programs, executing audit programs, working independently, and supervising staff as required.
The Audit Manager is responsible for planning and executing the Internal Audit Department's Operational and Regulatory audits and assisting in the management of the department and audit plan.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Scoping, planning, and executing audits with an emphasis on operational and regulatory audits
• Manage and execute audits with minimal oversight, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing audit testing, obtain an understanding of the audit area / process, observing processes, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests to assess design and operating effectiveness, preparing appropriate workpapers, developing audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
• Assist with developing and implementing an annual audit plan.
• Assist in the day-to-day management of the audit function including assisting with budgeting, staffing, recruiting and training and development of the team.
• Assist in the ongoing development of our audit program, processes, standards and practices including performing assessments to ensure quality standards are consistently adhered to.
• Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the business owners to better understand the business and risks, and to help management achieve their objectives.
• Assist in the development and mentoring of staff and the maintenance of a positive group morale.
• Continual development of the Bank and knowledge of the banking and regulatory environment through training, self-study and research.
• Ability to professionally and competently represent the internal audit department when interacting with all levels of company staff is essential.
• Financial services industry and regulatory experienced preferred. CPA preferred.
• Big 4 experience preferred.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Requires a BachelorÃ¢â¬â¢s degree in Business / Accounting and a minimum of 5-8 years of related professional experience. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills for the purpose of writing audit findings and recommendations for Senior Management and Board.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Internal Audit Manager
City, State or Zip Code: Tempe, AZ
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 7/31/2018