Quality Engineer 3 - Watsonville, CA
Branch ID: 3277
Contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
FOX Factory, Inc. – Quality Engineer 3 – Powered Vehicles Group – Watsonville, CA (95076)
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
FOX Factory, Inc., a fast-growing and dynamic company in Watsonville, CA (95076) has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer 3.
The Quality Engineer 3 plans and oversees activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards. This is a senior level Quality Engineer position responsible for the quality system regulating an entire PowerSports product division. This position may have direct reports in the form of junior level Quality Engineers, production line auditors, and incoming inspectors. The scope of this position includes the responsibility for successful launch of new model year products, approving and developing the supply chain, developing and monitoring the quality systems and metrics related to the production of the product, monitoring quality metrics reported to our customer, and responding to warranty/field issues and driving the appropriate corrective actions within the organization.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support DFMEA/PFMEA activity with Design and Manufacturing Engineering. This will include participating in FMEA cross-functional reviews, coaching Design Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers in the proper development and maintenance of FMEA's, and helping to drive and track appropriate actions to address high RPN items.
- Support the implementation of effective, efficient, and documented Quality Systems throughout the company compliant with ISO 9001. Develop/update and implement Quality procedures and forms, including training.
- Drive data collection, analysis, and reporting for established Quality reports including Discrepant Material, Cost of Quality, Supplier Report Cards, production line First Pass Yield, Quality System Audits, and customer quality report cards.
- Aggressively drive resolution of FOX production and FOX supplier quality issues by applying 8D problem solving type tools, arriving at data driven conclusions, and supporting the implementation of effective solutions. Reduce reject rates by driving process control improvements at the system or part level.
- Develops and implements standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge from various engineering fields, including chemical, computer, electrical, or mechanical.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring, testing, and tabulating data concerning quality and reliability.
- Establishes program to evaluate analytical testing, equipment, facilities, precision measurements, accuracy measurements, and performance testing.
- Performs engineering work to evaluate manufacturing processes or performance improvement projects for optimization.
- Duties also may include driving improvement “Kaizen” events with a team and the development of processes to ensure that quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met.
- Interfaces with all other engineering components within the organization as well as customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering and a minimum of five years working in a Quality engineering type role within tn Automotive Industry environment.
- Minimum five years of experience with APQP, PPAP, 8D, GD&T, Lean, and Six Sigma.
- Previous experience supporting DFMEA/PFMEA activities.
- Previous experience supporting high volume new product launches and driving corrective actions with suppliers.
- Management experience not required but preferred.
- Must have strong prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess inspection and manufacturing process knowledge.
- Technical background and understanding of forging, powder coats, and anodizing processes would be a plus.
- Need to have the ability to work both individually and as a team member to maintain our high product quality standards.
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer is preferred
- Experience with Oracle ERP Systems a plus.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Requirements/ Qualifications: Qualified candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering and a minimum of five years working in a Quality engineering type role within tn Automotive Industry environment. Minimum five years of experience with APQP, PPAP, 8D, GD&T, Lean, and Six Sigma. Previous experience supporting DFMEA/PFMEA activities. Previous experience supporting high volume new product launches and driving corrective actions with suppliers. Management experience not required but preferred. Must have strong prioritization, organizational and time management skills. Must possess inspection and manufacturing process knowledge. Technical background and understanding of forging, powder coats, and anodizing processes would be a plus. Need to have the ability to work both individually and as a team member to maintain our high product quality standards. ASQ certified Quality Engineer is preferred Experience with Oracle ERP Systems a plus.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Quality Engineer 3
City, State or Zip Code: Watsonville, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/01/2018