Buyer - Scotts Valley, CA
Branch ID: 3277
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
FOX Factory, Inc. - Buyer- Scotts Valley, CA 95066
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
The Senior Buyer participates in the procurement of materials and/or services to support the company's purchasing programs. With Direction Sources selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards. The Senior Buyer is responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned.
Specific Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer include but are not limited to:
- Communicates with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Expedites orders and requests as needed.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
- Works with manufacturers or persuade potential vendors to undertake the manufacturing of custom-designed items according to user's specific needs and specifications
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Studies market prices and trends, and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities; advises company activities with concurrence of a senior buyer and/or the director of purchasing.
- With Assistance, Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management; negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from a senior buyer or the director of purchasing for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services
- May at times visit suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
Qualifications of the Senior Buyer:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with emphasis in business administration, supply chain, or economics.
- Five years of experience with purchasing raw materials, demand planning or related experience in a machine shop environment or similar manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP; Oracle Preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, communication, and strong time management skills.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Qualifications of the Senior Buyer: BachelorÃ¢â¬â¢s degree or equivalent with emphasis in business administration, supply chain, or economics. Five years of experience with purchasing raw materials, demand planning or related experience in a machine shop environment or similar manufacturing environment. Experience with ERP; Oracle Preferred. Strong organizational skills, communication, and strong time management skills.
Scotts Valley, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Scotts Valley, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/01/2018