Quality Supplier Engineer - El Cajon, CA
Branch ID: 3277
Contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
FOX Factory, Inc. – Quality Supplier Engineer – San Diego, CA (92020)
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
FOX Factory, Inc., a fast-growing and dynamic company in San Diego, CA has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Supplier Engineer.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for supplier quality management through assessment, monitoring and improvement of supplier quality systems, including quality standards, test methods, process control techniques, and inspection/testing plans to ensure safety, reliability, and efficacy of new and modified products and processes.
This person will work closely with Quality Engineering, Supply Chain and Engineering to meet specified goals and objectives.
In this role, you will oversee:
- Qualifying and developing suppliers according to company standards to ensure delivery
- Quality and cost effectiveness
- Utilize a hands-on approach with monitoring suppliers' performance and communicate and resolve supplier-related problems as they occur
- Develop and prioritize an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited and evaluated on a regular basis to ensure current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) and quality standards are met
- Evaluate suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provide feedback in assessment of their operation to management
- In addition, this individual would provide leadership and guidance relative to supplier programs, assuring we maintain compliance with IATF, AS9100, and ISO 9001:2015 certifications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides the support required to successfully evaluate and resolve issues and bring to closure any supplier quality issues based on supplier non-conformances.
- Helps to ensure that accurate supplier rejection information is communicated to the supplier through management approved processes.
- Quality problem troubleshooting with suppliers' processes and product non-conformities
- Performs mechanical and dimensional inspections and evaluations of products according to individual product specifications.
- Champion an effective process for customer approvals and documentation (PPAP)
- Develops continuous improvement efforts
- Perform audits to IATF & ISO requirements
- Perform material assessment/inspection
- Responsible for the interpretation of engineering drawings and specification resulting in the development of formal inspection plans to facilitate receiving inspection, source inspection and first article inspection activities.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Responsible for attending and participating in design/configuration management reviews, the approval of engineering drawing and specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Five (5) years of related experience in quality engineering (three (3) years of related experience with Master's Degree.
- Experience with IATF, AS9100, ISO 9001:2015, TS 16949 and PPAP approval.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Proven experience in MS Word and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Advanced skills and proficiency with Excel is required.
- Automotive experience preferred.
- **Travel: 25%** is required.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Requirements/ Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math Five (5) years of related experience in quality engineering (three (3) years of related experience with Master's Degree. Experience with IATF, AS9100, ISO 9001:2015, TS 16949 and PPAP approval. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building. Proven experience in MS Word and developing PowerPoint presentations. Advanced skills and proficiency with Excel is required. Automotive experience preferred. **Travel: 25%** is required.
El Cajon, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Quality Supplier Engineer
City, State or Zip Code: El Cajon, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/01/2018