Laser Technician - East Windsor, CT
Branch ID: 5033
Pay Rate/Salary: $15.00 - $18.00
Do you have what it takes to be a Laser Technician? Apply Today!!
Perform a variety of critical, difficult and extensive laser machining operations along with appropriate set ups related to standard and non-standard customer orders under the direction of the Laser Department Supervisor or assigned Lead Person.
Responsible for effectively planning, directing, and coordinating all activities of the Laser Department, The EDM Department and the department's maintenance. Motivate and develop a Laser/ EDM team to the highest standards of technical excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Laser parameters, procedures and fixturing for new Laser operations.
- Prepare the necessary metallurgical specimens to determine recast layer characteristics.
- Perform dimensional layout and critical machine set ups.
- Ability to operate all in-house Laser equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting and assist in technical tasks as required or assigned.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, attachments, accessories onto machines.
Clean and prepare all detail materials for Laser processing.
- Position and fasten work pieces onto holding fixtures.
- Select predetermined settings specific to each Laser machine and individual job.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Maintain records and document in process inspection data as required.
- Work with a variety of materials, including steel and non-metallics.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Perform basic machine maintenance as required to maintain part quality and quantity standards.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Assist and instruct and aid lower level Laser Technicians with related operations as required.
- Monitor the departmental activities of the lower level Laser Technicians.
- Take corrective action at the appropriate levels.
- Report faulty or unusual conditions to the appropriate level of supervision.
- Ensure that safety and housekeeping standards are met.
- Perform other duties as required or directed, whether or not specifically mentioned in this job description.
- Attend daily production meetings and coordinate Laser/ EDM and maintenance activities to meet production/sales priorities.
- Supervise, motivate and instruct all direct reports on day-to-day activities to best support the customer demands, company objectives and employee growth.
- Maintain an accurate production schedule that best meets varying customer requirements.
- Schedule all overtime activity as necessary to meet production demands.
- Achieve and strive to exceed all quoted delivery, quality and price expectations.
- Seek out opportunities to improve on the current conditions, i.e. process, parameter, tooling, part flow, setup etc. for production and developing jobs.
- Direct training and development needs of new and current employees.
- Interact with customers, suppliers, subordinates and other co-employees in a professional manner.
- In consultation with Engineering, develop parameters, tooling and processes for new applications.
- Procure and schedule outside services as required.
- Assist or complete setups, machine operation, first piece inspections and metallurgical evaluations as necessary.
- Maintain and implement a preventative maintenance schedule for all supporting equipment and direct resources as necessary to sustain and improve equipment operation.
- Assist and perform minor troubleshooting and machine repairs as required.
- Recommend to the Manufacturing Manager areas for improvement to include, but not limited to, capital equipment purchases and modifications, continuous improvement events and external employee training.
- Instruct all direct reports in observance of company and departmental specific safety, security and housekeeping responsibilities.
- Prepare all departmental budgets as necessary. Ensure conformance as required.
- Assist sales personnel in a technical support capability for in-house and out-of-house contacts.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to email@example.com
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Basic reading, writing and some advanced arithmetic skills. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Ability to read and interpret blueprints and part specifications. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Knowledge of metal characteristics. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Knowledge of 5 axis laser is a plus Ã¢â¬Â¢ Ability to set up and operate Laser equipment the appropriate fixtures and accessories. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Ability to use standard measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers and gauges. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Minimum of eight yearsÃ¢â¬â¢ experience in aerospace manufacturing. Medical and power generation manufacturing experience is also desirable. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Minimum 8 yearsÃ¢â¬â¢ experience in high energy beam welding Ã¢â¬Â¢ A working knowledge of Laser and EDM processing preferred. Ã¢â¬Â¢ Advanced knowledge of metals and their characteristics
East Windsor, CT
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: East Windsor, CT
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/14/2018