Press Operator - Memphis, TN
Branch ID: 5780
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $11.00
- Must work in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Performs routine manual production functions necessary to operate the production equipment to meet product specification and assisting maintainer when lines go down.
- Stages and maintains packaging materials and follows correct packaging procedures.
- Assists in preventive maintenance and break-down maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process finished products.
- Assists maintainer in replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling for assigned area.
- Performs on the job training and development of assigned personnel as needed.
- Performs specific Quality Assurance inspections and measurements on a timely basis and as required.
- Performs recordkeeping duties as required under the direction of management such as production reports, downtime logs, and Quality Assurance reports.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift as well as the production supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area and performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Complies with requirements of ISO 9002 as it applies to the function of the position.
- Performs sorting and inspection of materials or product as requested.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
Primary Purpose of Position Performs tasks and provides services as directed to support the overall business plans and objectives of the plant Manufacturing of rigid and plastic containers of all kinds. Metal containers and other vessels. Ã¯ÆË Must be able to work scheduled shifts based on production requirements. Ã¯ÆË Must work overtime as required. Ã¯ÆË Must be able to perform the physical activities required by the function of the position. Ã¯ÆË Ability to learn all assigned equipment and products. Ã¯ÆË Ability to identify product defects in raw materials, work-in-process, and finished goods. Ã¯ÆË Ability to work with other people under varying circumstances. Ã¯ÆË Possesses and interest in and an aptitude for mechanics. Ã¯ÆË Ability to create and promote atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation. Ã¯ÆË Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations. Ã¯ÆË Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ã¯ÆË Ability to communicate in English effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ã¯ÆË Ability to perform simple maintenance tasks as assigned. Ã¯ÆË Ability to use common hand tools in a safe and correct manner. Ã¯ÆË Ability to use measuring tools as required by the position.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Memphis, TN
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/07/2018