Maintenance Planner - Dyersburg, TN
Branch ID: 2278
We are working with a client in Middleton, TN and they are looking for a long term temporary to possible hire Maintenance Planner. The Maintenance Planner is responsible for effectively planning and scheduling manpower, parts and materials needed for proactive projects and reactive work orders on all equipment. This is a 1st shift opening.
essential job functions
- Consider all safety procedures when planning and scheduling work and implements them where necessary in the job plans.
- Drive weekly meetings between Operations, Process Engineering and Maintenance Leaders for scheduling of work load, prioritization of planned work and preventive maintenance.
- Obtain and organize all information required to perform the work in order to prioritize, plan, schedule and follow up on job through completion.
- Identify, organize and secure all parts, material, vendors and labor costs required for work requests to provide accurate estimates and high quality work in a timely manner.
- Maintains backlog of planned and unplanned jobs in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Develops and maintains equipment entity structure in CMMS. Train associates in the use of CMMS.
- Provides necessary OEE data for OEE calculation in areas of responsibility. At a minimum, this includes: planned maintenance, breakdowns, set-ups/adjustments, minor breakdowns, machine release after set-up, tool change/changeovers and technical malfunctions.
- Daily audit and update the notification backlog by rejecting/deleting notifications that do not meet the required acceptance criteria. Generates and posts necessary maintenance metric graphs in the Maintenance MDI/SDQC area.
- Obtain technical information such as blueprints, instruction manuals, drawings, tolerances, etc.; for use in work planning.
- Ensure equipment BOM's are accurate and updates as necessary.
- Actively participates with yearly budget process (Business Planning).
- Collect maintenance costs, downtime and equipment availability on a monthly basis. Track availability losses, capacity analysis, actual hours by type, PM scheduled compliance, OEE, job completed by type and overtime.
- Serves as liaison between maintenance and operations to provide professional maintenance service to department or facility in a timely manner.
- Schedule repairs and implement effective measures for preventative maintenance to reduce costs and loss of productivity.
- Proactively plan and analyze all maintenance activities to recommend process improvements to optimize productivity and to minimize downtime.
- Assist in the development and implementation of budget and capital spending plans.
- Develop techniques and practices to improve efficiencies in planning, scheduling, purchasing, etc.
- Develop and communicate training for maintenance-related activities as needed.
- Adhere to all company procedures and safety guidelines.
- Communicate effectively analysis data to others.
- Set the example for attendance, safety and personal performance. Build, work and support effectively as a team.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated history of successful development of preventative maintenance plans. Demonstrated ability to interpret mechanical drawings, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics. Demonstrated ability to interpret analytical reports. Familiar with PLCs, Electrical and Mechanical Components Demonstrated ability to interpret sketches, blueprints, drawings, and contracts to estimate labor hours and material requirements. Demonstrated ability and history of equipment reliability improvements. Mathematical aptitude and problem solving skills are required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.) and CMMS required. Strong organization, planning and presentation skills are necessary. education requirements Ã¢â¬Â¢Associates Degree in Engineering (preferred) or five or more years experience in a maintenance position substitutable.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Dyersburg, TN
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/08/2018