HR Specialist - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $24.00 - $25.00
We have a temporary HR Specialist position with the opportunity to work for a fast growing company in the industry.
Job Responsabilities as follows:
• Payroll related functions, including but not limited to ensuring accuracy of payroll, monitoring time and attendance and compliance with company guidelines related to clocking in and out.
• Recruiting of qualified candidates to meet the growing needs of the business.
• Maintain updated job descriptions for all positions in collaboration with management and department heads.
• Develop new employee orientation and training programs in conjunction with department heads to ensure successful onboarding and compliance with company policies. Follow up with new hires to assess onboarding and any concerns.
• Develop performance appraisal system and ensures information is compiled and reviews completed on a semiannual basis. Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers.
• Coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
• Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Processing of Worker's Comp claims, follow up with investigation of claims and working with department heads and to reduce workplace injuries.
• Maintains historical human resource records by a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
• Implements and manages on-going policies, programs, and procedures to foster understanding of, and improvement in management, supervisory or employee relations. Such as meal and break policy, and ongoing coaching with plant staff
• Counsels managers and/or supervisors concerning human resource policies and procedures; reviews and resolves issues.
• Supervises HR support staff directly or through supervisors; plans, counsels staff; evaluates job performance and approves or recommends actions.
• Administers leaves of absences including FMLA/CFRA, PDL and ensures timely notification and compliance with policies and laws
• Developing and administering various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
• Performs compensation benchmarking
• Partners with the company Broker, Legal team, and assigned WC Adjusters
• Travel between the company' plants
Employee Health and Safety-Risk Management
• Ensures company facilities are in compliance with external safety, health and regulations such as OSHA, through assessment and inspection; monitoring, compiling and analyzing relevant test data; meeting reporting of relevant agencies; and working closely with personnel to identify problems and develop solutions.
• Reviews, creates and oversees accuracy of SDS and safety-related language on product labels to ensure content and warnings comply with applicable regulations.
• Analyze work environments and recommend design of programs to control, eliminate and/or prevent injuries, and releases to the environment
• Maintain safety records, ensuring that records are complete and accurate, safeguarding the confidentiality of all employee information.
• Investigate and complete the process for closing out of all accidents and environmental upset conditions
• Plan and assist with organizing periodic meetings and functions related to improving communication and employee relations.
• Develop initiatives to improve employee performance and morale.
The HR Specialist maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Temporary Position
Date Posted: 8/08/2018