Machine Operator - Nashville, TN
Branch ID: 5012
Pay Rate/Salary: $18.00 - $22.00
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with the Supervisor and/or schedule to determine which projects and which machines are to be operated
- Check material for defects and correct dimensions prior to loading and operating the line.
- Operate the machines per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in a safe manner
- Setup up tooling as required for each job based on setup sheets from the CNC Programmer
- Report program inconsistency or suggested surface feet changes to the Supervisor
- Monitor the machine operation process as parts are being machined to insure quality and accuracy
- Report all issues and inconsistencies to the Supervisor
- Document the operations performed
- Verify all operations have been inspected and completed before moving completed parts to the next work cell.
- Organize and maintain the areas around the machining work
- Maintain all machines as instructed by the preventative maintenance documentation
- Perform multiple operations simultaneously when required.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal team members.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- High school diploma.
- Certification in Machine Technology is preferred.
- 2 years CNC vertical milling operating required.
- Previous experience working with steel is preferred.
- Familiar with machine codes and programs.
- Able to make appropriate minor changes to programs as necessary.
- Have setup knowledge of various types of tooling.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to follow cut list dimensions.
- Possess strong math skills.
Responsible for the daily operation of the automated EPak machine in pouring/production. Strong team working skills to assist other Machine Operators and work with team members from other work areas to meet production demands. Comprehensive understanding of machine technology.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Nashville, TN
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/08/2018