Production Supervisor - Birmingham, AL
Branch ID: 2207
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $17.00
The Production/Packaging Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Packaging Line Department employees; performs administrative tasks and maintains communications associated with the activities of a Production/Packaging shift. Assumes responsibility for the shift's performance in safety, product quality, Production/Packaging output, all Packaging line equipment maintenance, housekeeping, cost control; and for effectiveness of communications relevant to shift performance and the attainment of plant goals.
- Observes plant safety rules. Instructs subordinates in safe operating procedures and plant conduct, and requires them to follow these instructions. Identifies safety hazards and takes appropriate steps to control them. Prepares equipment so that it can be safely worked on by others, and signs safety work permits.
- Requires subordinates to follow all provisions of plant operating instructions and standards. Monitors quality of output and takes appropriate action, including shutdown of process to prevent or limit Production/Packaging or shipment of off-grade material or product. Conducts/assists with investigation to determine causes of quality defects.
- Ascertains assigned Packaging goals prior to start of shift. Assigns personnel and determines use of equipment and procedures to achieve these goals. Arranges for flow of Production/Packaging supplies, raw material and finished product. Monitors progress during shift and makes appropriate adjustments. Informs manager when it appears that goals will not be met.
- Conducts operations to meet established cost standards for use of materials, supplies, utilities, manpower and equipment. Instructs subordinates in most efficient use of equipment and materials and requires instructions to be followed. Contributes to plant cost reduction efforts.
- Relays appropriate information and instructions from management to subordinates. Passes comments and concerns of relevant information about employees back to management. Maintains effective lateral communications with other departments whose work affects that or the shift giving them timely notice of the requirements.
- Responsible for all repairs and maintenance to production/packaging line equipment.
- Provides input to plant management on employee performance.
- Prepares and submits shift logs, Packaging and inventory reports, time records and such other procedures and Packaging safety education programs.
- Highschool diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Strong mechanical aptitude/background with a variety of production/packaging equipment.
- Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions.
- Ability to display diplomacy in day-to-day interactions with the commitment to task with awareness of urgency
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Flexibility to deal with interruptions and reprioritize as needed
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to stand approximately 75% of work time; sitting at a workstation 25% of the time
- Must be able to travel 10-15 percent of work time
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs. continuously during shift, including twisting, turning, or bending with or without product in hand
- Ability to work overtime or on weekends with short notice
- Ability to work in extreme environmental temperatures
Typical Production manufacturing facility with concrete floors and moving equipment
High school degree or GED required, Bachelors degree preferred.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Birmingham, AL
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 8/09/2018