Business Analyst - New York, NY
Branch ID: 5101
Pay Rate/Salary: $90.00 - $120.00
* Collecting, synthesizing, and analyzing data, including primary and secondary research
* Interviewing client personnel to understand/validate data, map processes, and gain client insights
* Building market-sizing models and providing a robust assessment of market opportunities and risks
* Modeling hypothetical solutions, testing alternate scenarios, and developing fact-based actionable recommendations
* Developing factual and compelling message-driven written documents/client deliverables
* Developing own work plan and meeting all client commitments with excellent quality end products
* Assisting in client presentations and contributing to constructive dialogue around insights and proposed solutions
* Building high-quality relationships with private equity and portfolio company client team members
* Contributing to the growth of knowledge and methodology sharing; proposal development; case study and other marketing collateral assistance; and recruiting.
Firm does not follow a prescribed timeline for career advancement recognizing the unique contributions and development pace of each individual. Rather, we use a 360-degree evaluation process, along with informal feedback, to gauge readiness to accept broader roles. When a senior business analyst/consultant is ready and willing to accept higher levels of responsibility, he/she is given such responsibilities.
- Our people are our single most important asset. Ours is a culture of excellence, and we gain great satisfaction from working together and with our client counterparts. Our firm comprises exceptional men and women from varied backgrounds and with unexpected interests and remarkable lives. People who succeed are diverse yet share as core traits integrity, ownership/accountability, self-confidence, resourcefulness, energy, passion for learning and career advancement, and a “getting things done” attitude.
The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
* BA/BS in engineering, economics, or a similar quantitative field from a top-tier institution
* 2 years of solid analytical training at a top-tier strategy/operations consulting firm; due diligence experience a plus
* Solid experience with financial and operational analysis, market sizing, and model creation; advanced proficiency with analytical tools such as Excel and Access
* Solid understanding of business concepts: operational, financial, organizational, and market
* Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels with private equity firm and portfolio company staff
* Strategic thinker and attention to detail; experience solving problems in a structured manner using an “80/20” approach
* Results-oriented and client-focused, with ability to perform in compressed timeframes and data-poor situations
* Comfort with traveling and being present at client sites
* Passionate, high-energy, self-starting entrepreneurial mindset.
Must be an Ivy league graduate with 1-4 plus years of experience working in finance within supply chain and engineering
New York, NY
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: New York, NY
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/10/2018