Controls Engineer - Sidney, OH
Branch ID: 592
Pay Rate/Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00
Supports the integration and optimization of control systems hardware and software associated with capital equipment for the Baked Foods Industry. Includes requirements definition, electrical design and application of motor controls, machine controls, process controls, hydraulic controls, pneumatic controls, PLCs, HMIs and software for same.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Supports Sales by reviewing customer control systems specifications and design premises for compliance, recommends exceptions.
- Creates and clearly documents control system software programs using structured programming techniques.
- Tests and evaluates machines and systems in factory and field environments.
- Works independently and seeks the cooperation of others in a team environment in order to produce the best possible control systems for our product line.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in written form, with internal and external customers.
- May Travel up to 20% of the year to domestic and international customer sites to perform maintenance, startup, and commissioning duties.
- Performs system integration and support duties in cooperation with Mechanical Project Engineer(s) and supports Control Systems portion of Project Requirements Document (PRD) for assigned projects.
- Contributes to the generation of Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) documents. Performs test and evaluation of own control systems and others as assigned, and supports Factory and Service Personnel in the performance of FAT and SAT.
- Provides support for any control system issues of concern to customer as requested/directed.
- Seeks to stay current with industrial control system technology by taking advantage of continuing education opportunities and reading trade journals/magazines.
- Strives to improve department operations by participating in standardization, product improvement, and process improvement activities.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Able to work on a variety of equipment
see detailed job description
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Sidney, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/24/2018