Mechanical Systems Designer - York, PA
Branch ID: 2278
The Mechanical Systems Designer is responsible for the complete mechanical design.
This includes significant CAD work to create solid models and detail drawings, and bill of material creation. Design skill requirements include frames and welded structures, dynamic components such as robotic tooling, and pneumatics.
The senior level mechanical designer will have meaningful input into machine concepts as a design progresses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, develop, evaluate and verify designs to meet product requirements and target costs;
- Prepare detail drawings of various mechanical systems;
- Prepare system layout and assembly drawings for machine systems;
- Work with sales and engineering on specifications and requirements;
- Detailed design work for hardware, machined parts, integration components and various mechanical components;
- Ensure drawing compliance with company CAD standards and styles;
- Review complex drawings and layouts to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function and conformity to standards, procedures and specifications. Identify design errors, omissions or other deficiencies.
- Responsible for meeting project deadlines;
- Work with customer on an approach to a problem and develop appropriate solution(s);
- Assist in sizing and selection of mechanical components;
- Design in CAD of solutions to customer problems;
- Importation and translation of customer and vendor supplied CAD data;
- Creation and maintenance of CAD libraries for components and designs;
- Creation, maintenance and communication of Bill of Materials;
- Work with purchasing department to acquire material necessary to complete projects;
- Creation of drawing and documentation packages;
- Required to control costs, adhere to a schedule, and improve the quality of a product/service;
- Performs other duties as required;
High School diploma plus specialized training or a 2 year college degree; 6-10 years of technical/professional training experience required; Solidworks Experience preferred; Prior mechanical design experience required; Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes preferred; Ability to perform multiple tasks with a diversity of problems Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs.; A proficient level of computers is required. Proficient use of machine and measuring tools is needed; Ability to generate problem solutions, serve as an advisor, develop operating procedures, and influence other employees work to some extent; Required to control costs, adhere to a schedule, and improve the quality of a product/service; #LI-JS1
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Mechanical Systems Designer
City, State or Zip Code: York, PA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 8/27/2018