Operator - Richmond, CA
Branch ID: 3204
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
1. Operates complex distillation and process laboratory equipment maintaining round-the-clock operations under the direction of the supervisor/lead technician or operator.
Laboratory equipment includes large and small reactors, research units and distillation columns. Operating at elevated temperatures, high pressures as well as atmospheric and sub-atmospheric pressures.
2. Full participation in Operational Excellence (OE) individually, on your crew and the ESU team.
3. Operates process units, utility systems, and related equipment in accordance with the requests of research scientists and engineers with oversight of the supervisor or lead technician. Ensures equipment is properly inspected to detect any unsafe or improperly functioning equipment.
4. Follows the work of new experiments, new additions or changes to process units and house systems to assure adherence to safe work practices.
5. Provides support in sample handling activities for research and crude assay samples for internal and external customers and other internal labs.
6. Moving drums with a drum truck- could be up to 55-gallon drums when operating.
7. The ability to take in data reading and instruments.
- Min: High School Diploma; Preferred: Associate degree, or equivalent in science, technology, mechanical/pipe fitting trade or related field
- Strong mechanical aptitude, process equipment and/or instrument technology
- OE for Labs
- Candidate needs to be self-driven, ability to work well under others, and taking instructions.
Prefer Experience with:
- ROP or P-Tech school (Refinery Operator Training) experience/attendance
- Chemicals, heavy oil and distillate research or related materials
- Some knowledge of electrical systems
- Basic excel and word software
- Strong Communication & Chevron Way Behaviors
- Strong Commitment to OE in lab and office environments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key Chevron colleagues outside their immediate work group.
Minimum of 3 years with Plant and/or Lab Operations experience (plant equipment and maintenance) or mechanical background work.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 9/05/2018