Tool and Die Engineer/Supervisor - Dayton, OH
Branch ID: 592
Pay Rate/Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00
Tool and Die Engineer to over see Tooling Department. Needs to be very experienced with metal stamping!!
Responsible for all aspects of in house tool and die manufacturing, maintenance, development and testing activities to ensure the production objectives are met, to maximize productivity and maintain the highest levels of workmanship for all tool and die activities. Supervise resources within the Tool room to ensure all tooling are produced efficiently, on time and in line with quality standards ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the team. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Oversee daily tooling support for production; plan die repairs/preventive maintenance.
- Find, evaluate, and approve local outside contractors for die repair, servicing of dies and other machining capabilities.
- Responsible for print review, in collaboration with sales and die builder, and review of existing dies. Monitor and track the progress of dies through the building process.
- Lead team activities in meeting production objectives, including troubleshooting at the press with both dies and materials.
- Oversee the PPAP/FAI process and die trials.
- Manages the tooling budget to purchase expenditures.
- Supervise, train and instruct tool & die repairs in safety, maintenance, and quality methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment.
- Review, release, track, coordinate and close work orders.
- Work with the external die manufacturers to ensure correct specifications before arriving to plant. Attend die design reviews related to engineering program changes.
- Support Customers with improving and maintaining tools and dies.
- Ensure tooling specifications after each PM, die repair, engineering change.
- Teach/Mentor tooling team on die functions and troubleshooting techniques.
- Track downtime to identify projects.
- Consult with Plant Manager relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Supervisor the daily activities of the tool and die employees in a union environment.
- Maintain required safety standards. The above is intended to describe the general content of, and the requirements for, the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
see detailed job description
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Tool and Die Engineer/Supervisor
City, State or Zip Code: Dayton, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/10/2018