Buyer NPI - El Cajon, CA
Branch ID: 3277
FOX Factory, Inc. – Buyer NPI – El Cajon, CA 92020
Job Code: *LI *CRP
About the Company:
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
The NPI Buyer is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality, and delivery competitive levels consistent with Company policy and performance standards.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools.
- Arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required.
- Closes coordination with engineering and NPI Operations to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotationsÃÂ¾ negotiates prices and terms with suppliersÃÂ¾ and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management, negotiates prices and delivery.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers
- Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
- Issue supplier Request for Quote for NPI products and DMP activities.
- Accountable for PO placement for all NPI Production and Expense items required to support supplier Qualification.
- Negotiate Tooling and Development Cost.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business administration, economics, and/or engineering, three (3) five (5) years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Personal computer skills, mainframe operations as relates to procurement, related software, and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes required.
- Excellent/ advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skill set.
- Bicycle or power sports enthusiast preferred.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Requirements/ Qualifications: BachelorÃ¢â¬â¢s degree with emphasis in business administration, economics, and/or engineering, three (3) five (5) years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment. Personal computer skills, mainframe operations as relates to procurement, related software, and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes required. Excellent/ advanced skills in Microsoft Excel Must have excellent verbal and written communications skill set. Bicycle or power sports enthusiast preferred.
El Cajon, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: El Cajon, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/13/2018