Senior Safety and HR Analyst - Honea Path, SC
Branch ID: 1110
Pay Rate/Salary: $63,000.00 - $79,200.00
Staffmark has a direct hire opportunity for someone with an excellent work history in Human Resources. This is with a reputable, highly sought after client in Honea Path.
Purpose and Scope
Manage safety and compliance programs to achieve best in industry performance ensuring a safe working environment for all associates and visitors at the Honea Path Plant. Initiate, implement, manage, and evaluate safety training, policies, procedures, and methods to ensure they are maintained and comply with all Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations. Oversee and coordinate the activities and procedures of health and safety related programs and committees. Work closely with the leadership team to provide direction regarding health and safety best practices, processes and tools. Lead and/or oversee the effective and timely resolution of safety related concerns and incidents.
- Ensure that safety and is the top priority for all Honea Path associates. Lead efforts in developing an effective strategy to identify and minimize risks to reduce safety incidents and injuries. Effectively communicate safety performance and improvements to all affected members of the organization.
- Support facility by ensuring safety regulation compliance (regulation interpretation). Represents the company in OSHA inspections, performs facility compliance audits, prepares reports, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations, and standards. Communicate changes to responsible parties and provide education/training to ensure compliance with changes.
- Lead and facilitate teams to conduct investigations, utilizing root cause problem solving, for all significant incidents. Utilize safety background, experience, and expertise to ensure the correct root cause of incidents are identified and effective corrective actions are implemented. Drive actions to completion.
- Lead or participate in safety related teams/committees. Provides/ensures direction, education, and support for team/committee representatives.
- Maintain facility OSHA compliant Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by:
- Assisting purchasing in contract evaluations
- Ensuring proper accident/incident investigation, documentation, and follow-up.
- Developing and maintaining safety policy procedures/documentation, maintaining complete and up to date safety records (i.e. OSHA, training, Program Evaluation Profile (PEP), inspection, observation, etc.)
- Monitor and maintain safety related expenses
- Direct all site first responders; including annual re-certifications.
- Work with corporate safety team to conduct annual training, audits, risk analysis, best practice sharing, and other activities as required.
- Lead, develop, execute and maintain associate training and development program that assures optimum utilization of individual employee skills and abilities. Ensure associate training and education is complete and up to date to meet safety regulations; and to promote a proactive team safety culture.
- Continually assess, develop/improve, and implement processes (i.e. training, job safety analysis, safety observations, PEP, etc.) to meet the facilities short and long-term safety goals.
- Identify best practices through education and benchmarking.
- Provide support to associates regarding any associate relations or benefit concerns to help find solutions.
Technical/Functional Skills & Experience Able to demonstrate the following: Ã¢â¬Â¢ Excellent Communication Skills Ã¢â¬Â¢ Strong Interpersonal Skills Ã¢â¬Â¢ In depth knowledge of OSHA regulations/compliance Ã¢â¬Â¢ In depth knowledge of Risk Score analysis Ã¢â¬Â¢ In depth knowledge of Ergonomic analysis Ã¢â¬Â¢ Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations related to safety Ã¢â¬Â¢ Experience and skill in creating and conducting safety training Ã¢â¬Â¢ Technical report writing and data analysis Ã¢â¬Â¢ Experience participating in, and leading cross functional teams Ã¢â¬Â¢ Experience in leading and coordinating training in a manufacturing environment Ã¢â¬Â¢ Experience in project management Ã¢â¬Â¢ Basic computer skills, with some use of SAP
Honea Path, SC
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Senior Safety and HR Analyst
City, State or Zip Code: Honea Path, SC
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/14/2018