Associate Supervisor - Machine Shop - El Cajon, CA
Branch ID: 3277
FOX Factory, Inc. – Associate Supervisor- Machine Shop – El Cajon, CA 92020
Job Code: *LI *MSHP
About the Company:
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
The Associate Machine Shop Supervisor is responsible for supervising staff, assignment of work, and schedule day to day workflow. Responsibilities will include organizing and monitoring work flow, quality, safety, and individual associate performance. Reporting directly to Machine Shop Manager or Plant Manager.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervises machine shop staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings with shift personnel. Ensures continuity of production from shift to shift by communicating person-to-person daily with other shift supervisors and leads including discussion of safety, processing, maintenance or quality problems occurring during the preceding shift.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe, clean and secure work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Updates management of unsafe work practices or conditions; supporting plant safety meetings that evaluate plant machinery, equipment and working conditions.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; and recommending action.
- Stays current of technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- College/Trade School level coursework with degree or certification preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong team interaction skills
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Strong experience in leadership and communication skills.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Requirements/ Qualifications: College/Trade School level coursework with degree or certification preferred. 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in supervisory role in a manufacturing environment. Strong team interaction skills Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy. Strong experience in leadership and communication skills.
El Cajon, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Associate Supervisor - Machine Shop
City, State or Zip Code: El Cajon, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/14/2018