Demand Planner - Scotts Valley, CA
Branch ID: 3277
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
FOX Factory, Inc. – Demand Planner– Scotts Valley, CA (95066)
Job Code:*LI *CRP
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
FOX Factory, Inc., a fast-growing and dynamic company in Scotts Valley, CA (95066) has an exciting opportunity for a Demand Planner.
As a FOX Demand Planner, you will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. You will also create and maintain forecasts incorporating information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, service and other business intelligence. Additionally you will be responsible for reporting and analysis to support the sales team in their efforts to better their customer forecasts.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain a 12-month rolling forecast, that supports the annual financial plan and budgeting process.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with multiple departments to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used to understand demand forecast drivers resulting in a demand forecast.
- Monitor business unit promotions, events and market conditions to ensure accurate demand plans.
- Assess the impact of market/customer changes or significant consumption variances in the demand plan and recommend appropriate revision and tactics.
- Own Demand to Forecast deviation review and adjustment in identifying risks and opportunities and challenge discrepancies.
- Develop, monitor, and review reports regarding forecast accuracy to business units and supply chain organization.
- Lead and own the S&OP discussion from a demand/forecasting perspective.
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and end of life phase outs.
- Identify and communicate approved short-term demand changes to supply planning.
- Interface with NPI process to provide demand planning support as well as understand forthcoming changes.
- Partner with production control and buyers in Taiwan in providing demand requirement inputs to the net build plan roll up.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives for the demand planning function.
- Maintain demand planning system
- BA/BS college degree or equivalent.
- One to three years of demonstrated experience with proficiency in data analysis, statistics, forecasting and demand planning methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Good facilitation skills are required.
- MBA preferred.
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience as buyer in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Requirements/ Qualifications: BA/BS college degree or equivalent. One to three years of demonstrated experience with proficiency in data analysis, statistics, forecasting and demand planning methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required. Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office. Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.
Scotts Valley, CA
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Scotts Valley, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/14/2018