Mechanical Technician - Richmond, CA
Branch ID: 3204
The Chevron Richmond Engine Laboratory (CREL) is a customer-focused service group within Chevron that supports client research activities used to develop and evaluate performance of fuels (gasoline/diesel) and fuel additives. CREL conducts engine tests using vehicles, automotive engine test stands, and specialized research engines. The Mechanical Technician position is an integral part of a dedicated team consisting primarily of mechanics and technicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Works rotating (Day, Swing and Grave) schedules.
• Operates automotive test engines and vehicles according to established specifications.
• Monitors all operations and makes necessary adjustments to control systems to ensure specification compliance.
• Performs diagnosis of problems and makes repairs to test engines and control systems.
• Maintains adequate fuel supply to all engines and vehicles.
• Strong mechanical aptitude is essential.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE ATTRIBUTES:
• Formal technical training in automotive mechanic/technology (ASE Certified or similar certification).
• Basic math skills (algebra).
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE/PERFORMANCE ATTRIBUTES:
• Experience working a rotating work schedule (highly desirable).
• Experience working in a technical environment.
• General engine knowledge through recent education or work experience as a mechanic.
• Monitoring and adjusting process control systems.
• Formal training in electronic instrumentation.
Experience working with automotive engines or mechanical systems is required. Basic computer skills, experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). High school diploma (or equivalent).
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 9/24/2018