Brake Press Operator - Cincinnati, OH
Branch ID: 119
Pay Rate/Salary: $14.00 - $23.00
The Press Brake Operator is responsible for accurately operating machines and inspecting parts for quality.
Key Accountabilities include:
1. Work in a safe manner to ensure the safety of yourself and coworkers.
2. To find the optimum set up and operating sequence to make the parts within the allocated set up time.
3. To achieve a formed part that is consistently accurate to the blue print within the allocated production rate.
4. Checking the parts throughout the production run to meet the blueprint requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Accurately reads prints to select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of fabrication work.
2. Sets up, adjusts, and operates cnc press brakes.
3. Mounts, installs, aligns, and secures tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on Press Breaks, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
4. Forms parts to specifications indicated on prints.
5. Maintains production and run time standards for all jobs.
6. Understands, recommends and correctly uses all job-related measuring devices.
7. Troubleshoots and solves most fabrication problems.
8. Produces work daily that is consistently accurate.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that will contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this position and meeting established performance objectives.
1. Self Management: The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames. Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities; maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision; minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
2. Planning And Organization: The ability to establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes. Defines plans and organizes activities necessary to reach targeted goals; organizes and utilizes resources in ways that maximize their effectiveness; implements appropriate plans and adjusts them as necessary; consistently demonstrates organization and detail orientation.
3. Problem Solving: The ability to identify key components of a problem to formulate a solution or solutions. Analyzes all data relative to a problem; divides complex issues into simpler components in order to achieve clarity; selects the best options available to solve specific problems; applies all relevant resources to implement suitable solutions.
4. Personal Accountability: A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes.
5. Continuous Learning: The ability to take personal responsibility and action toward learning and implementing new ideas, methods and technologies. Researches job related topics to improve understanding, expertise and personal performance; continually updates business skills; activity seeks suitable opportunities to implement newly acquired skills and knowledge; provides expertise, knowledge and information to others as required.
6. Flexibility: The ability to readily modify, respond to and integrate change with minimal personal resistance. Adapts effectively to changing plans and priorities; demonstrates the capacity to handle multiple tasks at one time; deals comfortably with ambiguity; adjusts preset plans as necessary with minimal resistance.
7. Results Orientation: The ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results. Maintains focus on goals; identifies and acts on removing potential obstacles to successful goal attainment; implements thorough and effective plans and applies appropriate resources to produce desired results; follows through on all commitments to achieve results.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that require the incumbent to communicate orally, hear at a conversational level, sight requirements are to be able to distinguish basic shades with depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to constantly (67 to 100% time on job) be required to stand, reach high and low and operate hand and foot controls. Frequently (34 to 66% time on job) the employee is required to twist, use their hands and fingers for gripping, and twisting and bending their wrists. Occasionally (6 to 33% time on job) the incumbent is required to walk, stoop and bend repeatedly. Infrequently (2 to 5% time on job) the employee will kneel, crawl and perform hand over hand pulling. Rarely (1% time on job) the employee will sit, climb stairs and ladders.
The lifting requirements of this position require the employee to occasionally (6 to 33% time on job) lift 35 to 50 pounds, frequently (34 to 66% time on job) lift 10 to 35 pounds and constantly (67 to 100% time on job) lift up to 10 pounds. The carrying requirements of this position require the employee to frequently (34 – 66% time on job) carry 15 pounds a distance of 5'. The employee will be required to occasionally (6 to 33% time on job) push items weighing up to 30 pounds a distance of 30'.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will constantly work (67-100% time on job) indoors. The incumbent will occasionally (6-33% time on job) be subject to temperatures of 90 – 100 degrees and temperatures below 55 degrees and intermittent (above 85 dB) noises. The employee is required to constantly (67 – 100% time on job) wear eye protection, infrequently required to wear hearing protection and occasionally (6 – 33% time on job) wear protective gloves.
1. Experience: This position requires a minimum of three years experience with a CNC hydraulic brake press. Incumbents are required to possess the ability to read blue prints; calibrate gauges, select tools; use a protractor, angle finder and tape measurer. 2. Reasoning Development: Apply business management principles to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables. 3. Mathematical Development: Possesses practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, measurement, practical algebra, and essentials of shop trigonometry. 4. Language Development: Ability to read technical journals and reports, blueprints, workplace rules and procedures; prepare reports using a prescribed format. 5. Licensures and Certifications: None required. 6. Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Brake Press Operator
City, State or Zip Code: Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/26/2018