Fabricator - Cincinnati, OH
Branch ID: 119
Pay Rate/Salary: $13.00 - $17.00
JOB SUMMARY: The General Fabricator is responsible for accurately operating machines, assembly of parts, inspecting parts for quality and performing basic maintenance.
Key Accountabilities include:
1. Operating machines to produce good parts efficiently and on time to satisfy our internal and external customers.
2. Inspect parts and fine tune to ensure consistent part quality throughout every production run.
3. Program and setup machines to produce first article parts.
4. Performing basic preventive maintenance to equipment and tooling to maximize machine uptime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Sets up, adjusts, and operates all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
2. Selects the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
3. Machines parts to specifications using machine tools such as spot welders, screw machine, rolling machine, shapers, or grinders.
4. Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
5. Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
6. Maintains production and run time standards for all jobs.
7. Understands, recommends and correctly uses all job-related measuring devices
8. Troubleshoots and solves all machining problems.
9. Produces work daily that is consistently accurate.
10. Assemble into product when needed by hand.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that will contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this position and meeting established performance objectives.
1. Self Management: The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames. Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities; maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision; minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
2. Planning And Organization: The ability to establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes. Defines plans and organizes activities necessary to reach targeted goals; organizes and utilizes resources in ways that maximize their effectiveness; implements appropriate plans and adjusts them as necessary; consistently demonstrates organization and detail orientation.
3. Problem Solving: The ability to identify key components of a problem to formulate a solution or solutions. Analyzes all data relative to a problem; divides complex issues into simpler components in order to achieve clarity; selects the best options available to solve specific problems; applies all relevant resources to implement suitable solutions.
4. Personal Accountability: A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes.
5. Continuous Learning: The ability to take personal responsibility and action toward learning and implementing new ideas, methods and technologies. Researches job related topics to improve understanding, expertise and personal performance; continually updates business skills; activity seeks suitable opportunities to implement newly acquired skills and knowledge; provides expertise, knowledge and information to others as required.
6. Flexibility: The ability to readily modify, respond to and integrate change with minimal personal resistance. Adapts effectively to changing plans and priorities; demonstrates the capacity to handle multiple tasks at one time; deals comfortably with ambiguity; adjusts preset plans as necessary with minimal resistance.
7. Results Orientation: The ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results. Maintains focus on goals; identifies and acts on removing potential obstacles to successful goal attainment; implements thorough and effective plans and applies appropriate resources to produce desired results; follows through on all commitments to achieve results.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that require the incumbent to communicate orally, hear at a conversational level, sight requirements are to be able to distinguish basic shades with depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to frequently (34 to 66% time on job) stand, sit, twist and use their hands, fingers and wrists to grip, twist and bend to operate controls. The employee will occasionally (6 to 33% time on job) will be required to walk, stoop, pull objects weighing an estimated 300 lbs a distance of 200', bend repeatedly, kneel and climb stairs. The employee will be required to occasionally (6 to 33% time on job) reach high and low and lift items weighing 35 to 50 lbs. Infrequently (2 to 5% time on job), the employee will be required to carry up to 35 lbs a distance of 200', and push 300 lbs up to 30'.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will constantly work (67-100% time on job) indoors. The incumbent will occasionally (6-33% time on job) be subject to temperatures of 90 – 100 degrees and intermittent (above 85 dB) noises. Frequently (34 -66 % time on job) the employee will be subject to gases, chemicals including cleaning solvents and greases and oils including anti spatter compounds. The employee is required to constantly (67 – 100% time on job) wear eye protection and frequently (34 – 66% time on job) wear protective gloves and safety shoes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS 1. Experience: This position requires a minimum of one to two years experience. Incumbents are required to have an understanding of the fabrication processes, the ability to read blue prints; and knowledge of the welding diagrams and symbols. 2. Reasoning Development: Apply business management principles to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables. 3. Mathematical Development: Possesses practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, measurement, practical algebra, and essentials of shop trigonometry. 4. Language Development: Ability to read technical journals and reports, blueprints, workplace rules and procedures; prepare reports using a prescribed format. 5. Licensures and Certifications: Welding certifications preferred but not required. 6. Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 9/27/2018