Buyer - Woodstock, GA
Branch ID: 5002
Pay Rate/Salary: Up to: $20.00
Staffmark is hiring for Experienced Buyer in Woodstock, GA for one of our premier clients. This is a long term position with the opportunity to be hired by the company. If you are looking for a new Buyer position, Staffmark wants to talk to you!
The Purchaser/Buyer is responsible for procuring raw materials from vendors needed to build products. Maintains and performs vendor selection, price negotiation, and inventory level adjustments as needed by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities of the position
Uses 4th shift manufacturing resource planning system to place new orders, confirm existing orders, and follow-up and reschedule orders as needed to optimize inventory levels and meet manufacturing demand
Maintains accurate pricing and lead-time for each raw material based upon available price breaks, contracts, date, and vendor
Resolves material shortages in the most cost efficient and timely manner possible
Provides support for Quality Department with regards to returns, defective material, or other non-conformance issues for raw materials
Works to reduce pricing of existing materials through negotiation, vendor selection, or consolidation
Gathers and provides information as needed for compliance concerning Restrictions of Hazardous Substances, REACH, conflict materials, and other initiatives determined by customer or governmental agencies
Determines lowest received cost for materials with regards to shipping, packaging, storage, and cash flow
So why pick Staffmark ? We offer:
• Competitive pay, with incentives
• Comprehensive benefits program (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more!)
• Employee Discount Programs
• Referral Bonuses
• Support from your Staffmark team to help you find the job that fits YOU!!
What's next? How can you come work for Staffmark?
• Check out our website and APPLY Today at www.mystaffmark.com
• Call or text us 770-955-0112
• Email: email@example.com
• Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StaffmarkMariettaGa
- Minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience - Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume - Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry - Ability to multitask in a fast paced and changing environment, while exercising attention to detail - Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form - Ability to read and interpret general safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals - Self-motivated with strong drive and initiative - Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to speak with all levels of personnel - Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and email - Familiarity with purchasing and sourcing for a just in time manufacturing environment - 4th Shift Production, MRP, SAP, or JDE software experience strongly preferred
Admin - Clerical
Temp to Hire Position
Admin - Clerical
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Woodstock, GA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/03/2018