Manufacturing Engineer - Middleton, TN
Branch ID: 2278
We are working with a large manufacturing client in the Middleton area and they are looking for a TEMPORARY Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer will cover for a leave of absence for at least the next month and this project could be extended longer as needed. There could be other opportunities internally for this individual if things go well during this project. This is an IMMEDIATE need, the appropriate candidate will need to be able to start right away.
This role will research, design and develop optimal, cost-effective processes and methods in accordance with specifications and quality standards using LEAN principles. The ideal candidate will have a background in time studies and process improvement.
essential job functions
- Research, design and develop optimal, cost-effective processes and methods in accordance with specifications and quality standards using LEAN principles.
- Prepare facility layouts as needed.
- Provide technical support/solutions to manufacturing processes.
- Conduct time studies of production to develop standard work for production cells and to create and maintain SOPs.
- Process Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) for new and improved products.
- Manage moderate to large capital projects including writing capital requests and installation of new equipment.
- Monitor quality discrepancies, identify trends and investigate quality problems and implement corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain SOP's and Standard Work for assigned operations.
- Interfaces with Product Engineering, Logistics, Operations and vendor.
- Performs work that varies in difficulty while applying fundamental concepts, practices and procedures under supervision with limited responsibility.
- Order tooling and fixtures needed in assigned department.
- Resolve quality issues including field complaints, warranty issues and defective parts.
- Work with Procurement to conduct make/buy analysis for all new parts.
- Prepare cost estimates for Accounting.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
One or more years' engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required. Knowledge of fabrication and machining required. Demonstrated effective decision making skills are required Demonstrated ability to work well with others required. Must possess strong effective verbal and written communication skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks preferred. Time Study experience is preferred. education requirements Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field is required.
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Middleton, TN
Position Type: Temporary Position
Date Posted: 10/01/2018