Purchasing Coordinator - Red Oak, TX
Branch ID: 3704
Pay Rate/Salary: $18.00 - $20.00
Great opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Coordinator with Lean Manufacturing experience in Red Oak, TX! Work schedule is 6am-2:30pm Mon-Fri. Pay ranges from $18-$20 per hour, depending on experience. Please send resume if interested!
In this role, you will be responsible for the procurement of all materials coming for the facility. You must successfully coordinate the supply chain, assure that all material is brought in on time at the least possible cost, and resolve issues that require that parts are returned to vendors as needed. The Purchasing Coordinator is also tasked with improving inventory turns while assuring shop productivity through timely delivery of product to the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure that all material is available to support production
- Manage backordered material, purchase order generation, acknowledgment receipt, and the return of material back to vendors and customer as needed.
- Reconcile A/P and purchase orders
- Maintain parts pricing in Spokane
- Establish and maintain systems that assure that material is well planned and that inventory levels are optimized to support the business.
- Set stocking levels for high volume parts and for seasonal (snow and ice) parts and product
- Address material quality issues with vendors, procure replacement parts and dispose of defective product in accordance with the vendor's policies.
- Manage the inbound and outbound logistics of inventory to control cost and delivery dates
- Assist with identifying parts that are needed for more complicated jobs. Work with the vendor base to identify new products. Use part procurement and vendor information to ease component installation on the shop floor.
- Manage vendor relationships to assure optimal quality, cost and delivery of incoming material.
- As with all small organizations, other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely in a production environment wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Ability to interact with others.
At least 3 years of previous experience managing - and working within - a cross functional team. Strong PC skills, including a proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office. Experience in material planning, order entry, and / or inventory control. Lean manufacturing training and experience. Previous experience in truck equipment industry. Experience managing vendors while driving optimum performance from the vendor base. Familiarity with Spokane software. Previous work implementing lean manufacturing techniques and using 5S to organize the shop floor.
Red Oak, TX
Admin - Clerical
Temp to Hire Position
Admin - Clerical
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Red Oak, TX
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/09/2018