Staff Accountant - New York, NY
Branch ID: 5100
Pay Rate/Salary: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00
Our client is seeking to hire a Staff Accountant to help support the finance department as the company rapidly expands. You will join a small, tight-knit team and help tackle new challenges daily!
As a staff accountant, you will provide support for daily accounting processes and financial reporting. The position will report to the Finance Manager. The ideal candidate is well organized with an exceptional attention to detail, ability to think independently and an appreciation for the mission of our business.
- Assume responsibility over the monthly close process including, but not limited to: general ledger review, journal preparations, financial statement preparation, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Help create monthly financial packages for management and the Board of Directors.
- Manage expense reporting for corporate card users. Reconcile monthly statements and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Help create, shape and institute company accounting and finance policies.
- Conduct periodic audits of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Assist in external audit.
- Implement process improvements and find efficiencies wherever possible.
- File monthly and quarterly sales tax returns.
- Conduct month over month analyses and actual vs. budget
- Manage AP activity and ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Bachelors degree in public accounting or a related discipline required (CPA required)
- Public accounting or relevant industry experience required
- Inventory accounting experience is preferred
- SEC reporting a plus
- Computer literacy with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications — Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Four-year college degree required, with a preference for accounting majors. 3+ years of relevant experience. Demonstrate firm understanding of accounting principles and GAAP. Solid foundation working with Excel and ability to adapt to new software. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Driven and self-motivated.
New York, NY
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: New York, NY
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/05/2018