Encapsulation Technician - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $15.00 - $20.00
A leading contract manufacturer of dietary supplements in tablet, capsule and powder forms is searching for an Encapsulation and Tableting Compression Technician. They are located in Torrance, California. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing manufacturing company with global distribution.
The individual must have a thorough understanding of Tablet Compression or Encapsulation processes, equipment, and tooling. They must be able to clean and set up various tablet press models or encapsulation machines (including semi-automatic and fully automatic models). A thorough understanding of trouble shooting processes and equipment is required. A thorough understanding of tablet or capsule defects and recommended corrective measures is a must. The individual must be well versed in GMP production and have experience in the nutraceutical or pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have a thorough, working knowledge of setting up, maintaining, and operating all tablet presses and or encapsulation machines
- Will provide technical support to management, formulations, quality, etc. when required
- Must be able to troubleshoot or assist in troubleshooting of tablet press and/or encapsulation operations
- Perform operator intermediate preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Assign work to production operators
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of the shift (excluding breaks and lunch)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Nutraceutical or pharmaceutical processing experience. A solid understanding of GMPs
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/11/2018