Machine Operator - Anderson, SC
Branch ID: 1110
Pay Rate/Salary: $11.30 - $11.31
Staffmark is hiring for an Extrusion Operator in Anderson, SC for a gasket company located off Shockly Ferry Rd. We have several shifts available. If you are looking for a new extrusion operator position, Staffmark wants to talk to you!
So why pick Staffmark? We offer:
• Competitive pay, with incentives
• Comprehensive benefits program (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more!)
• Employee Discount Programs
• Referral Bonuses
• Support from your Staffmark team to help you find the job that fits YOU!
What's next? How can you come work for Staffmark?
• Check out our website and APPLY Today at www.mystaffmark.com
• Call or text us 864.226.7000
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anderson-Oconee-Jobs-354872951522788/
- Working with dry blend pellets, regrind granules and/or a mixture of both, will set up and operate two extruders with related cooling and finishing equipment to produce an acceptable cross section at specified lengths.
- Uses process control sheets, profiles specific Mylar's, Keyence Measuring System, or Optical Comparator to determine customer specifications.
- Responsible for extruding the product(s) to print specifications and maintaining constant quality
- Proficient in using 10X comparator, Keyence Measuring System, electronic scale, steel rule, digital indicator, calipers and length gauges as needed.
- Will make frequent checks on all products being run and maintain all process control sheets.
- Maintains compound levels to insure continuous operation of extruder.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Supplies extruded bars to the splicers within the cell.
- Follows established work procedures and work instructions.
- Layout or pack good pieces on racks according to work instructions and executes bar code labels for WIP.
- Cleans all used dies, breaker plates and other equipment before returning to storage.
- Monitors equipment for mechanical problems such as overriding zones, defective thermocouples, water pressure, water levels, air pressure, etc.
- Responsible for accurate reporting on time card, production counts, and all scrap.
- Performs any other duties as directed by management.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and according to procedures and work instructions.
- Must report all occupational injuries/illness immediately to Supervisor.
- Must be able to work overtime if required and work any of the three shifts.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Able to recognize and maintain a quality product. Able to control the speed and temperatures of the machine Able to handle weights up to 100 lbs. Able to walk, stand, reach, lift, carry, push, pull, handle, feel, finger, talk, hear, see, differentiate color. Able to work at a fast pace.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Anderson, SC
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/12/2018