Hazardous Waste Technician - Richmond, CA
Branch ID: 3204
Staffmark is hiring a Hazardous Waste Technician to work at Chevron! Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. They explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
• Conducts the pickup of petroleum and chemical waste containers throughout laboratory facility.
• Sorts hazardous materials by hazard class and regulatory requirements. Enters inventory data in database. Identifies petroleum products to be recycled using technical and regulatory knowledge.
• Conducts lab pack operations. Packs small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment. Assists in preparation of hazardous waste manifests/ shipping papers.
• Pumps petroleum products from drums for recycling. Pours spent laboratory solvents and wastes into drums and tanks for waste shipment. Prepares and packages hazardous wastes for shipment.
• Performs various regulatory compliance and safety tasks. Conducts other required tasks including operating forklifts, maintaining tanks, pumps and other equipment, and performing general housekeeping duties.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: College level science and chemistry recommended
- Knowledge of physical properties of common lab chemicals and solvents recommended.
- Experience working in industrial environment and hazardous waste field desired.
- Forklift experience helpful but not required.
- Good mechanical skills recommended.
- Ability to lift 50-lb containers required
- This job is physically demanding with most work performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Valid California vehicle driver's license required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-5 years experience preferred.
Ability to lift 50-lb containers. Valid California vehicle drivers license required. High school diploma or GED required.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
Hazardous Waste Technician
City, State or Zip Code: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 10/15/2018