Manufacturing Engineer - Dayton, OH
Branch ID: 592
Pay Rate/Salary: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00
Staffmark is hiring a Manufacturing Engineer to provide product line engineering support to help meet commitments to customers, achieve productivity improvement goals, and maintain a high level of quality. These activities focus on process improvement in a low volume, high mix environment that requires strong problem-solving skills. Processes include mechanical assembly, electronics soldering and assembly, epoxy and electronics encapsulation, ceramic-to-metal sealing, machining, resistance welding, and non-destructive and destructive testing. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a cross-functional situation and will be reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Investigates process and manufacturing problems during fabrication, test, and assembly operations and initiates corrective actions.
- Creates and modifies work instructions as necessary to document critical to quality process characteristics and establish appropriate process controls. Trains production operators as required.
- Handles multiple projects.
- Performs any and all required coordination with other operations to ensure that schedules are met, quality is maintained, and manufacturing costs are minimized.
- Designs a variety of tools, jigs, and fixtures that will assist in increasing production efficiency and/or poka-yoke the process.
- Conducts failure analyses as required, performs root cause analysis, and initiates appropriate corrective action to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Recommends reductions in production cost by undertaking make/buy, value engineering studies. Improves and streamlines processes by eliminating waste and implementing cost-saving ideas.
- Reviews engineering designs for manufacturing feasibility and recommends design changes that will enhance production, eliminating variation.
- Supports design development concepts and builds for new product introductions.
- May train production employees in the operation of specialized equipment.
- Ensures a safe work environment by building safety into work instructions, and monitoring accident investigation and other safety-related activities in the work area.
see detailed job description
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Dayton, OH
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 10/18/2018